After any natural disaster scams ramp up.
Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody says her office has seen an increase in tree trimming scams.
The Attorney General’s office compiled a list of ways to protect yourself from being scammed.
- Watch out for anyone who approaches unsolicited about tree removal;
- Get multiple written estimates and ask whether debris removal is included in the estimate;
- Research a company thoroughly;
- Check for proof of insurance and verify with the insurer that the policy is current; and
- Never pay the full amount up front and do not make a final payment until completely satisfied with the work.
You can find more information on the Attorney General’s website here.
Tell your friends who weren’t listening, what they’ve been missing! You can listen to today’s episode here: